Take advantage of our Relocation Tips
Working abroad is fun and you should definitely gain the experience. However there are some things you should take responsibility of to avoid surprises where you land. These are a general tips, each country has its own particularities.
Our first tip: Be Practical!
What you need in preparation of relocating
- See what documents you need to organize and bring for signing the work contract
- Scan all your documents: bank cards, ID, driver’s license and email them to yourself
- See for an international bank card and check international rates of usage
- See for a travel insurance to cover the first period
- Bring your medication in case you need any
- Bring clothes for the season ahead
- If you come by car: bring all the car and insurance documents with you
- In case there are formalities to deal with after you left: make sure to authorize somebody to act on your behalf
- Check price levels in your destination country to get an idea of your Cost of Living
Avoid having to pay home costs
- See your (eg. rent/phone/internet/insurance) contracts are properly terminated
- See what keeping your bank account will cost you
Remember saving some money up front
Note: Your first salary comes after one month of working, so you will need to bring some savings!
- Transportation costs
- Luggage costs
- Renting an apartment will cost: 1 month rent, 1 month deposit, agent fee
- Setting up costs include: new sim card, bus card, filling up your fridge
- Registration costs (fees)
- Miscellaneous: something is missing or needs changing in your apartment
In need of personal tips?
If you need a custom tips for your relocation, please ask us: email@example.com