People are the driving force behind digital innovations. Digital Tribes provides our partners with digital expertise for large or small, long or short web, e-commerce, mobile or virtual reality projects. It’s the ambition of Digital Tribes to add to the success of their customers as an entrepreneurial knowledge partner. Our employeneurs are outstanding digital professionals driving state-of-the-art digital projects of our customers. We hire and assess the Employeneurs and create the conditions for their personal and professional development in digital projects for our customers and in dedicated training and coaching.
We’ve got a great job opportunity available for a Scala Software Engineer to be based in Eindhoven. Our client is heavily growing and career growth opportunities at a fast pace are around the corner. Are you interested to find out more?
As a Scala Software Engineer you will be working in an Agile (Scrum) team with other developers, testers and a team-lead. On a daily basis you will interact with the product manager and the support department. The whole team is responsible for successfully building, extending and supporting clients’ products and platforms, related to the media industry.
- Transforming requirements into AAA software which is simple and maintainable with a focus on integrating with Real-Time Bidding platforms
- Asking tough questions to clear up missing parts in the specifications
- Coming up with ideas to improve product lines/features
- Writing units tests to prove your code works as you think it should
- Coaching and helping other team members
- Giving assistance to operations for the really hard questions (there is a real bug in you code)
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in object-oriented software development
- Minimum of 4 years developing distributed systems
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in software design/development with Scala
- You have experimented with various software techniques, technologies in your own time
- Fluent in English speech and writing
- Specific background requirements
- Strong knowledge of high traffic distributed systems, OOP and application architecture
- Knowledge of Scala, Play, AKKA and the Typesafe stack
- Knowledge on REST API’s, HTTP and transport formats like JSON
- Knowledge on Linux in the area of performance and admin
- Experience with identifying and solving performance problems in web applications Experience with Agile Development, unit tests and Test Driven development
- Knowledge on databases and ORMs
- Knowledge on MongoDB
- C/C++ with algorithmic focus is a big plus, or Python
- Knowledge in the video domain
- Open source contributions
- Smart and get things done
- Likes to write software and is always trying to improve at it
- Up to date with trends in the field, but not a blind follower
- Flexibility in fast changing environments
- While being part of a team, you are a self-starter and independent worker
- Good problem analysis skills
We can only consider EU/EER citizens or applicants otherwise not in need of a work permit to be arranged.
No, but I will graduate/have graduated in The Netherlands, Yes, I am a national of a EU/EEA country, No, but I will graduate/have graduated MA/Msc level at a global top-150 University, I have general work permission for the country of the vacancy I applied for
We offer a challenging job in a dynamic and international environment. There will be room for initiative and we are proud of our open and informal culture. And of course, we will provide you with a challenging salary package, which will be commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.careersineurope.eu/index.php/page/applicants/command/applyforjob/vid/707622/bb/1/SiteId/3 →